Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Sunday, January 1, 2012

Sick Puppy

After enjoying such a wonderful Christmas weekend we were greeted with a unpleasant smell when we woke up the next morning. Levi wasn’t feeling too well and he let us know all over the family room floor. If you know Levi he doesn’t bark at all so when he needs to go out he just stares at us. So I’m sure he was staring at us beforehand but I’m sorry pup we were sleeping! We gave it 24 hours and after a sleepless night of letting him out what seemed every hour we called the vet. We made him sleep in his crate that night and he would knock on it when he needed to go out. We both woke up saying we are NOT ready for kids!

The vet did some X-rays and blood tests. The blood test came back normal but the X-ray revealed that his intestines were inflamed/infected. The vet first thought it was maybe from eating the mulch but after a few more days he figured it was probably from a rawhide bone. There will be no more of those!We picked him up later that day. You can see our Puppy doesn’t feel too hott…


There was lots of this going on when we got home!





I wish I could say that was the end of it but Wednesday was the worst. We had been calling the vet on every little thing. Oh god I hope we aren’t going to be those parents! He had started throwing up….I don’t think my carpets could take anymore. It was EVERYWHERE! Thank god Brian had the week off and for my mother calming me down. It was a rough week and I just felt horrible for him!

We brought him home on New Year’s Eve so he could enjoy the party with us. He slept mostly in his bed but rang in the New Year in style. I think we are in the clear but who knows with this guy! Thanks for everyone checking in on Levi! It means a lot!

No comments:

Post a Comment