Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Baking Fools


I decided to do some different treats for the neighbors this year instead of cookies. But I was kind of getting the baking bug and it wouldn’t feel like Christmas if I didn’t bake cookies. I invited Emily over and we baked away while listen to some Christmas Tunes. My kitchen looked like a tornado had hit it by the time we were finished. Well my side did at least. It was a fun day and we had lots of goodies to share.


We made 6 kinds of cookies. My Chocolate Chip cookies were a flop like always. I cannot seem to get those right. Emily made some Pistachio-Cranberry cookies she found off Pinterest. They were yummy but I don’t have the recipe to share. I made No-Bakes, my SIL’s Lemon Cookies and Snickerdoodles. I’m going to try my Mom’s recipe next week but I’m not complaining about mine. They are compared to Mrs. Fields and I would say they were pretty close. Flat and gooey, just how I like them. Brian wanted them crisper but I’m the baker! Emily made her Grandmother’s Molasses cookies, which are a fav in the Clothier household. It was a fun day and I’m looking forward to our new tradition!

Grammie’s No-Bake Cookies

Bring to a boil:
2 cups sugar
¼ cup cocoa
½ cup milk
½ cup margarine
Boil 1 minute

Remove from heat and add:
1tsp vanilla
½ cup chunky peanut butter
3 cups quick oats

Mix well and drop by tsp on wax paper.
-----------------------------------------------
Kate’s Lemon Cookies

Combine:
1pkg Lemon Cake Mix
4oz container (1 ¾ cups) frozen cool whip, thawed
3 TBSP oil
1 egg, slightly beaten
Sugar or colored sugar

Chill Dough for 1 hour for easier handling.

Heat oven to 350. Lightly grease cookie sheets. Shape dough into 1-inch balls; roll in sugar. Place 2 inches apart. Bake 10-12 mins or until light golden brown around edges. Allow cookies to cool for 1 min. before removing from cookie sheet.

Makes 3 ½ dozen cookies
---------------------------------------------------
An Even Better Snickerdoodle

In Large Bowl on High Speed Cream Together:
½ cup butter, softened
½ cup granulated sugar
1/3 cup brown sugar

Add in:
1 egg
½ tsp vanilla

In another bowl combine:
1 ½ cups flour
¼ tsp salt
½ tsp baking soda
¼ tsp cream of tartar

Pour into wet ingredients and mix well.

Preheat oven to 300 degrees while you let the dough rest for 30-60 mins. In the refrigerator.

In a small bowl combine:
2 TBSP granulated sugar
1 tsp cinnamon

Take 2 ½ TBSP of dough and roll into ball. Roll dough in cinnamon/sugar mixture and press onto ungreased cookie sheet.

Bake 12-14 minutes and no more. The may seem to be undercooked but will continue to develop after they are removed from the oven. When the cookies have cooled they should be soft and chewy in the middle.

Makes 16-18 cookies.
------------------------------------------------------------
Marcella’s Molasses Sugar Cookies

Cream Together:
1 ½ cup shortening
2 cups sugar
½ cup molasses
2 eggs

Add:
2 tsp baking soda
4 cups flour
1 tsp cloves
½ tsp ginger
2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp salt

Form into 1-inch balls. Roll in granulated sugar and place 2 inches apart on cookies sheet. Bake at 350 degrees for 8-10 min.
-------------------------------------------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment