Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Monday, September 26, 2011

Weekend Getaway

Well I was right….We didn’t leave at 5 or 6, or even 7. We left at 7:45 Thursday night!! Ahh! It was a straight easy drive to Minnesota. Thank God! We made a few stops and arrived at our hotel room at 3am. Lights Out!

Alarm went off at 8am! I finally got up around 8:30. We were dressed and at the Mall of America at 10. No time for breakfast we had to shop. Dedicated shoppers some may say or others probably think we are crazy. We completed Floor 1 our first day and had to make it back to the hotel to change and be at the rehearsal dinner at 5. We gave ourselves enough time but with Minneapolis traffic a 20 minute drive turns into an hour. There is no way I could ever live there.

The dinner was at Loring Pasta Bar down by the University. Such a cool place with delicious food. It’s on our list for next time we visit. Saturday we were back at the Mall at 10 where we completed Floor 3 and half of Floor 2. Brian would text me throughout the day and ask what I was doing. My answer was always shopping. His response was always…“Still!” I didn’t marry a shopper that’s for sure!

We headed back to the hotel to change for the wedding. Cameron –The Groom is my neighbor who I grew up with and our Moms are BFFs! Cameron and Jessy’s wedding was at a beautiful golf course. She was a gorgeous bride and I just loved her fall flowers!

Sunday we checked out and hit up Ikea at 10. There was so much I could buy there! Such a cool store! Once we buy a house a trip to Ikea is a must! We headed over to the mall around 12 to finish up Floor 2. We even saw Hank and Kendra at her book signing! I couldn’t get mom to ride the roller costars with me but I can’t wait to bring our kids up there for a trip. I still remember when I went 14 years ago. I told Brian we are going to plan at family trip to go shopping. He told me….“No offense. But that sounds horrible!” LoL I better find a golf course near by for him!

We left the mall around 3. With a 30 min detour back to the hotel to find my mom’s glasses (which were in her purse the whole time…ugh) we pulled into our apartment at 10:05.

It was good to be home! After showing Brian all my purchases I could barley keep my eyes open!!

It was a fun weekend away with my Mom, which I hope we start to do more often!! I just love that lady!

Here are a few pictures from our trip. I will post a Smilebox with the wedding pictures later today!!

Happy Monday!!

Mom at The Mall of America

All the rides inside the Mall

I'm ready to golf Brian!


Mama always said life was like a box a chocolates!


There is Kendra


Heading home with a trunk full of purchases!

1 comment:

  1. Too bad Chicago isn't on the way to Minnesota!! Looks like you girls had a ton of fun!! Next trip...Chicago!! Come on!! : )

    ReplyDelete