Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Thursday, September 22, 2011

The BIG 2-5

Well it’s official…I’m a quarter of a century old! I was really starting to feel down about turning 25 as I remember my 16 birthday like it was yesterday. Man does time fly! But after this weekend turning 25 doesn’t seem so bad. I was surrounded by my friends and family and couldn’t feel more loved!

After the shower I headed back to celebrate in Topeka with some of my best friends. Brian was with the guys playing golf and camping in Holton and would come over on Sunday. It seems like high school all over which was always a good time. After a night out I can I tell my body is not 21 anymore!

Sunday we both lounged around after being pretty “under the weather!” We met our good friends Trent and Shannon for dinner and then I headed out to have a few drinks with my best friend Chelsey who was in town from Dallas to visit. We spent many birthdays together and I was glad this one was no different.

Brian took off Monday and Tuesday so sleeping in felt so good! No alarm clock waking us up was a great start to the day! We hit up Taco Casa for lunch and then to the sports center for a round of Putt-Putt. Loser cleans the kitchen, which was me! We headed back to my parents house to finish cleaning as our good family friends from Chicago were coming to visit. My mom grew up with my Aunt Cheryl and her daughters Amy & Ally use to babysit us. There were many pranks pulled when these ladies would come over! Still to this day we laugh about! They are both Mamas now and I was able to meet Ally’s baby Kierstyn aka “Kiki” when we were in Chicago in 2009. It was so fun to see her again and she is just the sweetest, most polite child I have ever met. Fingers crossed my child will be like her! She is a little lovebug! We were serenaded by her harmonica playing and even found out that her Grammy can play too! After lots of laughs we didn’t get to bed till 3am! Tuesday we said our goodbyes and headed back to KC to pick up the house, which turned into naptime! Gotta love it!

Mom and I leave for Minnesota later this afternoon to do some major shopping and attend a wedding! I better run! Suppose to be leaving at 5 but let’s just bet it’s closer to 6 knowing my family!

Have a great weekend!!
Click to play this Smilebox scrapbook
Create your own scrapbook - Powered by Smilebox
Create a scrapbook design

1 comment:

  1. You SWEET girl, you!! Can't believe you added pics of US in your BD smilebox! Please send pics my way...must have! Also, the video...can't hear Kiki playing! Oh what fun we had....but we needed a nap that afternoon too! I'll bet you are dog tired after this weekend! And why didn't you get a snap of Ellie peeing on the carpet? Oh wait..that was the day AFTER your BD! Ha!! xxoo

    ReplyDelete