Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Fear of the Scale after Labor Day Fun!

Well after a fun trip back to Topeka and too much food I didn’t even step on the scale this morning. I weighed in on Saturday and lost 1.4 last week. Total 9.8. Ohh how I wanted to rip off a piece of clothing to get me to the 10 pound mark. I thought the meeting would be about the temptations during Labor Day but it wasn’t so I decided to write down ways I could stick to tracking my points without blowing my diet over the holiday weekend. I wrote things like…

*Take small potions
*Don’t go back for seconds
*No alcohol
*Get in a 30 minute walk

So these were all doable but I have to say I failed.

We headed back to Topeka on Saturday. I had lunch at home and packed some fruit and my water bottle for the road. I had saved most of my points for dinner so we could enjoy some yummy Tortilla Jacks. Oh how I miss that place! My first temptation was when we had to stop by Coldstone to drop off aprons. Surprisingly I walked out with nothing in my hand. I would mark Saturday off as a good day.

Sunday rolls around and I head to the In-Laws for lunch. No alcohol…check. Small potions…check…Don’t go back for seconds…check well until I got a little room in my tummy and headed back for some more Strawberry Shortcake. And that’s where it all went down hill.

That evening we were celebrating Logan’s birthday and headed to the Olive Garden for some family bonding, as Logan would say. I’m really glad I married someone who fits right into the family and accepts some of the crude things my family says. Sometimes we just don’t have a filter. We were laughing so hard at Logan’s impersonations you would think we were the only ones in the restaurant. Tears rolling down my face I was laughing so hard…time to go! I would say eating at Olive Garden I was surprised I didn’t stuff my face. I had water, 1 breadstick, salad and half of the lunch potion of Fettuccine Alfredo. Not too bad for what I use to eat there but of course we had to hit up Coldstone for dessert and this time I didn’t refuse.

I was pretty uncomfortable that night and in the back of my mind I kept telling myself why did you eat all that? But I decided to stop being so hard on myself. It was the holiday oh well. It wasn’t the end of the world. I enjoyed myself and if I don’t gain back 9.8 pounds I will survive!

The weather couldn’t be more beautiful this past weekend. I can tell my mood has changed. I just love this time of year! We had a family breakfast on Monday. Bs&Gs and Hash. I did track my points yesterday. Only having 1 biscuit and not going back for seconds. We stuck around all day. I was pretty lazy but Brian ran around with my Dad and brother. We grilled out for dinner and then headed home. Sleeping with the windows open was like heaven to me but not for Brian’s allergies. Sorry hunny!

Of course we failed at the exercise thing last week. I have always counted on someone else and exercising is my least favorite thing! This morning I have already walked the dog and did my pilates. I swear it must be this weather.

I forgot my camera this weekend so I only took a few pictures. Here are just some fun ones. My new bangs, Ellie the lady of the house and McLovin sporting his new shirt!






Hope you all had a wonderful Labor Day. Stay tuned for some exciting news this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment