Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Uneventful...

Have any of you ever watched the show King of Queens?

If you do next time you watch it think of Brian as Doug and me as Carrie but I promise I’m not that mean! We have assigned our friends as the rest of the characters but we still need an Arthur. Any volunteers?

The latest episode was when their best friends Kelly and Deacon found a new couple to hang out with so Doug and Carrie went out in search for a new couple to hang out with. It made me laugh thinking that Brian and I should do the same thing. Most of Brian’s friends live out of town and my friends are single. Makes trying to found a couple to hang out with pretty difficult. This past weekend Brian went to Wichita and is headed there this weekend to play golf with the guys. I was fighting a cold so I missed out on Second Saturday at Fake Patty’s Day in Manhattan but will be able to celebrate this weekend with the girls in KC. I’m sure once we have kids we will find some couples but we aren’t ready for kids. We still like to go out for drinks and stay out late, go on trips, be young and fun. Without friends in town or a couple to go out with it has made the last 3 weeks pretty uneventful.

The only excitement has been making it to 6 months on March 6th without a Diet Coke. Like I wrote on my facebook wall…“It has been 6 months since I said goodbye to my beloved friend. Diet Coke…I miss you!” I’m sure some people are like oh my… isn’t that a bit dramatic….maybe… but not to me. I enjoyed a DC everyday since I can remember I can’t believe I haven’t needed one. I actually had a dream last night that I went into QT and just went up and filled up my cup with Diet Coke. Took a drink and then puked. Ha. I’m sure that wouldn’t happen but it makes me not want to try it!

This weekend we are all celebrating Evan’s 3rd Birthday Party and St. Patrick’s Day with our friends! Baby Mader should be arriving in the next week! Thankfully the uneventful 3 week spell is ending!

No comments:

Post a Comment