Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Monday, June 21, 2010

Happy Father's Day!!!


Being the only girl in the family I have always had a special bond with my Dad. He has raised me to be a very independent woman and has always been there to support me. He has given me lots of wonderful things over my lifetime and recently a beautiful wedding which I couldn't imagine anything being more perfect. He always tells me how proud he is of me and that he loves me every time we talk. When life has gotten rough he was only a phone call away and always had some way to make it better. And when I was about to give up on school this past semester he was right there to encouraging me to keep going and just to always try my best! I’m so blessed to have him as my father and to now have a husband who I know one day will make a wonderful father to our children like my dad has been to us.

This Father’s Day my dad wanted to come up to KC to go to Gate’s BBQ. That worked out perfectly since I had to work at the hospital till 3. I decided I would have everyone over for dessert afterwards which meant I had to have a clean house so I didn’t have to listen to my mom complain. :-) I wish I was a clean, organized person. I never have been…..hoping that will change as that cute, organized, clean boy I met in college has become a slob like me. Our house has been spotless for a week. Hoping to keep it that way from now on! I will keep you posted! LoL Anyways… so Brian and I spent much of Saturday “Summer Cleaning.” Since I had to work on Sunday, Brian finished up the last few things! Not all wives can say their husbands help around the house so I’m very lucky for that!

My family along with my Aunt Cyndi’s and Aunt Amy’s families came for dinner too. It was nice to all get together. After dinner we headed over to see my Grandparent’s house which my Uncle had been renovating. All I can say is OMG!!! It is gorgeous and my Uncle is so talented! I may have some before and after pictures I should post later!

Then we headed to our house for homemade ice cream, Lemon Cake and Chocolate Cinnamon Cake per my Daddy’s request! Everyone had a good time and we even broke out the game Guesstures which had us all in tears laughing so hard.

Wishing all the wonderful fathers out there a Happy Father’s Day and special shout out to my Daddio! I love you!

1 comment:

  1. Just blog hoppin' tonight to get my mind out of ICU for a bit! I love your Daddio too...I just miss both of them so much! What a wonderful tribute to the "daddies" in your life!! Keep prayin' for my "mommio"! : )

    ReplyDelete